Don't Let Incontinence Interfere with Your Life
About Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence is a common problem faced by many women. Although urinary incontinence occurs more often as women age, many younger women also suffer from the condition. With various levels of severity, bladder leaks can make a significant impact on your lifestyle by making you afraid to cough, sneeze or even laugh.
Incontinence may be caused by your lifestyle (e.g. consuming diuretics), medical conditions (e.g. urinary tract infection or constipation), or a physical problem (e.g. pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, hysterectomy, etc.).
Fortunately, incontinence is a condition that is very treatable with some of the cutting-edge technologies and treatments at the Charlotte Center for Pelvic Health.
Types of Urinary Incontinence Include:
- Stress Incontinence: Urine leaks with pressure on bladder through coughing, sneezing, exercising, laughing or other
- Urge Incontinence: Sudden, intense urge to urinate with urine leakage or frequent urges to urinate, caused by bladder spasms due to a variety of factors.
- Overflow Incontinence: Bladder doesn't seem to empty completely
- Functional Incontinence: You can't make it to the toilet in time
- Mixed Incontinence: A mixture of stress and urge incontinence